• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Serious Pie in Seattle

It's been too long since I made the pilgrimage to Seattle from Vancouver but one of the first places I wanted to try (after lunch at Salumi) was Serious Pie.

I happened to be dining solo and got lucky with a spot available as soon as I walked in, so I jumped the line and ordered within ten minutes of showing up.

I had the Baby Lettuces and radish salad with muscatel vinaigrette to start (nice citrusy bite to the salad).

The pizza was the Guanciale with soft egg, Parmesan and fresh dandelion greens. It was nothing short of spectacular in that all the ingredients combined to make an absolutely delicious meal! The crust had just the right combination of crisp and chew that I love. gallery_14057_2869_97274.jpg

My dessert of choice, the Fresh Rhubarb Hand Pie with Ricotta was sold out so I settled for the Cannoli. The rest of the people at my table ordered the supposedly famous Coconut Cream Pie (which is not on the menu but available from next door for those in the know).

I've had pizza in Naples as well as Chris Bianco's in Phoenix and this (although different) was easily as good. I planned to return the following evening but an enthusiastic tip on a new Peruvian roast chicken place that was close at hand made me change my plans at the last moment (sadly not worth the detour).

I'll be back.

• 3 weeks later...

The happy hour is a good deal. They make small versions of any of the pies for $5. We stopped in and had a couple of pies a couple of weeks ago before heading over to Baconopolis! (and yes, we had bacon (pancetta) on one of the pies, had to warm up you know)

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." -- Hippocrates

• 1 month later...

Looks like the first forum for Vera Pizza Napoletana will be in Seattle the last week of June. This is the group that certifies Naples style pizza in the US. Just might be interesting. www.verapizzanapoletana.org

Edited by Raoul Duke (log)

"I drink to make other people interesting".