• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite restaurants in Spain?

Chef Andrés, in your book you mention a few small restaurants and tapas bars that many of us here on eGullet are equally fond of, such as Quimet i Quimet in Barcelona and Rafa's in Roses. I am positive that a lot of us curious and adventurous eGulleters would love to know if you have any other equally delicious restaurants (or, better yet, hidden secret gems) in Spain that you would like to share with us.

Brett Emerson

My food blog: In Praise of Sardines

Chef Andrés, in your book you mention a few small restaurants and tapas bars that many of us here on eGullet are equally fond of, such as Quimet i Quimet in Barcelona and Rafa's in Roses. I am positive that a lot of us curious and adventurous eGulleters would love to know if you have any other equally delicious restaurants (or, better yet, hidden secret gems) in Spain that you would like to share with us.

So many....Rompeolas in Tazones, Asturias, for Rape frito, Monkfish fried....or their amazing Centollos, Spider crabs that taste like nowhere on earth......

El Campero in Barbate.........Best ATUN rojo de Almadrava in the world...The Red tuna that is fish every may in the province of Cadiz

El Campero in Barbate.........Best ATUN rojo de Almadrava in the world...The Red tuna that is fish every may in the province of Cadiz

I have to agree with Chef Andres, I recently visited El Campero, and it's been one of the best meals I've had in quite a while. We had 7 or 8 tuna dishes, all different parts of the fish, I definitely recommend it.

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.