• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipes in "Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America"

Chef Andres, congratulations on the publication of "Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America". As an amateur home cook, I have tried a handful of recipes from it and I find it to be one of those rare cookbooks where the end results are as visually appealing as the stunning photographs in the book and the results are quite tasty as well.

My question is did you pay special attention in selecting recipes which fall within the repertoire of a home cook, or was this a coincidence with the Tapas style of cooking?

You mention that the flan recipe, was based on your Mother's flan recipe. Are there other recipes which where inspired by childhood experiences?

Thanks

Percy

Chef Andres, congratulations on the publication of "Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America". As an amateur home cook, I have tried a handful of recipes from it and I find it to be one of those rare cookbooks where the end results are as visually appealing as the stunning photographs in the book and the results are quite tasty as well.

My question is did you pay special attention in selecting recipes which fall within the repertoire of a home cook, or was this a coincidence with the Tapas style of cooking?

You mention that the flan recipe, was based on your Mother's flan recipe. Are there other recipes which where inspired by childhood experiences?

Thanks

Percy

Well without mothers we will not have a way to know what our Grandmothers used to cook...........Lets thank the family for being there to maintain tradition...Today I see that while women cook a lot less than they use it to..........Today men and women alike are the ones that will make sure traditions, old and new, will keep moving forward...

Many recipies were influence by mothers, like the Garbanzos con espinacas, taught to my wife from her mother