• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gordon Ramsay at the London

johnder

I had a very disappointing dinner at Gordon Ramsey last night. The food was lukewarm, the portions tiny, and the sevice, especially the wine service, was mediocre. The first two wines I ordered were unavailable. I was in shock, that has never happened in any of the fine dining restaurants I have ever eaten at. I was not offered a cheese course. My captain took my food order and then was never seen again at my table. All in all, an extremely mediocre, yet expensive dinner.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a reservation for tonight. Can't cancel it since they have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Also their sommelier is formerly from the old Aureole (he was alway wonderful, and I made the reservation especially since he is now at Gordon Ramsay). Wish me luck!

Just returned from a wonderful dinner at Gordon Ramsay. Food was delicious. We had the "Menu Prestige" -- 5 great dishes that were generous portions. Wonderful seared foie gras, trout, scallops and lamb. We chose the cheese course instead of the chocolate course. They brought us both. Yummy bon-bon trolley. Everything was great especially the cotton candy and the honey comb. Also the caramels. They gave us more of the wrapped candy "to go". Service was very attentive. The sommelier is our dear friend formerly from the old Aureole. He did a brilliant job of picking a perfect German Riesling for us. The room was about 3/4 full, and tables were being refilled. I do hope the restaurant stays; it might become my Aureole replacement.

Edited by ellenost (log)