• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli Influence

Chef Andres,

Can you discuss the history of your background with Chef Ferran Adria and his team? Some of the cuisine at Minibar has nuances of the cuisine of "El Bulli". I think that I read that Chef Adria had wanted you to open the first El Bulli in the United States... is that true?

Thank You,

Eliot Wexler

Edited by molto e (log)

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

Chef Andres,

Can you discuss the history of your background with Chef Ferran Adria and his team? Some of the cuisine at Minibar has nuances of the cuisine of "El Bulli". I think that I read that Chef Adria had wanted you to open the first El Bulli in the United States... is that true?

Thank You,

Eliot Wexler

Well Ferran and Albert Adria are like brothers to me....I was there when I was very young more that 20 years ago.........So for me their story is very close to my heart........I will say that MINIBAR is that restaurant in America.......

Well Ferran and Albert Adria are like brothers to me....I was there when I was very young more that 20 years ago.........So for me their story is very close to my heart........I will say that MINIBAR is that restaurant in America.......

Thank you for your reply!

What position did you hold at El Bulli and for how long? When you say that MINIBAR is that restaurant in America, I take it you mean in style. Do you currently have a "formal relationship" with the "El Bulli" team?

Thank You,

Eliot

Edited by molto e (log)

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com