• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

French Restaurants in Las Vegas

Bonjour! I decided to create a discussion thread about French restaurants (and other French food places) in Las Vegas, mainly because I wanted to do a “French cuisine” theme on my next trip to Las Vegas. Oui, la cuisine française ... à Las Vegas, “monne.”

And as a help for future reference, I have listed, as best as I could, all of the French restaurants, patisseries, and other French food places in Las Vegas, with their URL links. I also listed discussion threads of specific French restaurants from the past. This thread would be a good place to talk about Las Vegas French restaurants in general, unless there’s a specific thread already. Bon appétit!!

This list is as of October 2006.

Alex

Alizé

André's (downtown Las Vegas)

André's (Monte Carlo)

Bouchon

Daniel Boulud Brasserie

Eiffel Tower Restaurant

Fleur de Lys

Jean-Philippe Patisserie

JJ's Boulangerie

Joël Robuchon at the Mansion

La Creperie

L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon

Le Café Île St. Louis

Le Cirque

Le Provençal

Le Village Buffet

Les Artistes Steakhouse

Lutèce

Mix

Mon Ami Gabi

Picasso

Pinot Brasserie

Restaurant Guy Savoy

Discussion threads about specific French restaurants:

How is Picasso lately?

MIX – Las Vegas

Joel Robuchon - Las Vegas - Mansion & L'Atelier: Reviews and discussion

Robuchon or Fleur De Lys, what the french?

Bouchon-Las Vegas

Guy Savoy Las Vegas: Anyone eaten there yet?

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

I'll put in a plug for Pinot Brasserie at the Venetian, as I haven't read much about it here.

My wife and I had wonderful dinner there in April. It was the night after our L'Atelier experience, which I discussed in the Robuchon thread, and Pinot was a perfect counterpoint to all I found lacking with L'Atelier. To be sure, Pinot serves much less elaborate brasserie food, but it was delicious, the service was friendly and attentive and the room is quiet and understated, which I find to be a real bonus in Vegas. The highlight of our tasting menus was a beautifully seared foie gras served over pieces of spiced pumpkin. It was a flavor pairing that I never would have considered and it was as delicious as any foie gras I've had.

In addition to the food, we found a great Oregon Pinot Noir on the wine list that didn't break the bank and had such a nice time chatting with the bartender before dinner that we came back and visited him the next night.

I don't think that Pinot Brasserie is or will ever be considered "destination" dining in the way the Mansion, Picasso, Alex, Savoy, etc. are. But, of all the fine dining experiences I've had in Las Vegas it was the least "Veags" of all. That in itself seems worth a great deal.

Eric

On my next trip to Las Vegas, which starts this Friday 27 Oct., I plan to eat at French restaurants. For dinner, I'll be eating at these places:

André's (downtown Las Vegas)

Mix

Restaurant Guy Savoy

L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon

I've already made my reservations for these restaurants. I decided to make a reservation at Alain Ducasse's Mix at Mandalay Bay. I heard mix reviews about Mix (pun intended). Yes, I heard the place looks gorgeous. And yes, I heard that the prices are high for what you get. Basically, I'm a type of person who wants to find things out for myself. So, I'll find out soon enough ...

Since I already ate at Joël Robuchon at the Mansion back in April, I'll be going to Guy Savoy for my birthday dinner. And to help jog my memory about Robuchon, I'll be eating at L'Atelier. I know that one eGulleteer already ate at both Guy Savoy and Robuchon at the Mansion. So, the comparisons and contrasts will be forthcoming.

During the day, I'll probably eat something light at Bouchon, Jean-Philippe Patisserie and Paris Las Vegas, if I'm not stuffed from my evening meals. I'm afraid that If I'm not careful, I might turn into a puff pastry ... :unsure:

Just returned from a week's conference in LV. Bouchon was the highlight- wish we could have gone more than once. I don't know if this is an accurate statement, but a friend said he ate at the Napa original Bouchon not too long ago and thought the prices were lower for the same thing. In general, this was are experience in a number of things there- glasses of wine, for example, that I'm familiar with in other cities seemed more there than elsewhere. I guess it's just part of the economics of if they can get it, they'll charge accordingly. We didn't go to any real high-places, but some other friends whom I would consider quite knowledgable about food and wine went to Mix, Joel Robuchon, Atelier, Fleur du Lys and a few others and they were consistently disappointed. We went to RM, Osteria del Circo, Bouchon as mentioned, Trattoria del Lupo. Jean-Phillipe was good. Don't know anyone who went to Guy Savoy. Okada, despite all the things said here was good, not great and I think we ordered well. Tried not to go with high expectations, but I know we could dine at any level in other cities- NY, Chicago, San Francisco, etc. having much better food at lower prices. After all, it is Las Vegas and it's all about the show.

Mark A. Bauman

• 4 weeks later...

Andre’s Restaurant (Downtown Las Vegas)

On Fri. night, I had a wonderfully traditional, classic French dinner at Andre’s in downtown Las Vegas.

Here are a few photos:

gallery_24802_3846_68997.jpg

gallery_24802_3846_78816.jpg

View from my table

gallery_24802_3846_88448.jpg

Amuse-bouche

gallery_24802_3846_3536.jpg

Escargots de Bourgogne

gallery_24802_3846_5775.jpg

Phyllo Wrapped Baked Anjou Pear and Roquefort Cheese on Lolla Rossa with Spicy Walnuts and Pumpkin Seed Vinaigrette

gallery_24802_3846_5847.jpg

Entr’acte: Sorbet of the Day

gallery_24802_3846_80927.jpg

2 lb. Live Maine Lobster Thermidor

gallery_24802_3846_17914.jpg

Lemon tart

gallery_24802_3846_51750.jpg

Tea

gallery_24802_3846_87369.jpg

Mignardise

The restaurant is away from the Strip and all the hubbub. My dining experience was very relaxing. My waiter was American with an American accent. Mind you, the service was fine. Do not expect ze waiters to speak with ze French accent, non??

Eiffel Tower Restaurant (Paris, Las Vegas)

I had a Sat. lunch at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. As you'll see, beautiful views, and the food was decent.

gallery_24802_3846_2897.jpg

Open kitchen

As you go up the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower, the door opens and you see the kitchen.

A few more views of the restaurant:

gallery_24802_3846_73978.jpg

gallery_24802_3846_18210.jpg

gallery_24802_3846_20781.jpg

gallery_24802_3846_73981.jpg

gallery_24802_3846_50035.jpg

Gorgeous view of the Fountains of Bellagio from my table

gallery_24802_3846_60709.jpg

Egg flan appetizer

gallery_24802_3846_68264.jpg

Roasted beet salad

gallery_24802_3846_62499.jpg