• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Love Lime!

Saffy

I have some wonderful lime recipes. Keylime pie being my fav, also thai foods with lime juice additions.

I would love to have some more recipes that contain limes since we have some beautiful organic limes about at the moment. If you feel like sharing your fav lime recipes I'm listening :)

:smile:

When I stumble into lots of lime, usually make ceviche.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Lime Flan...calls for juice & zest.

Limeade

Limeade & Amaretto

Lime frozen desserts....sherberts & sorbets

:rolleyes:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

What you may want to do is juice a bunch of them and keep the juice in a jar in the fridge. You will have lime juice on hand to enhance any dish. And you can candy the lime zest and keep that on hand for decorations or great nibbles :smile:

There's a yummy in my tummy.

I use lime juice and zest in salads, tsukemono, curries, chili, and salsas.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

An all-natural organic lime cordial for making refreshing lime-and-soda drinks, when fresh limes are out of season.

Here's an idea that borders on being a bit weird-sounding. If I have a recipe that calls for only the juice of a lime, I always zest the lime first and store zest in the freezer. That's not the weird part. What I use this frozen zest for most often is to flavour breakfast oat porridge. I've discovered that banana-raisin-lime is a wonderful porridge combo. Might taste a bit strange in a creamy porridge cooked with milk, but I cook my oats in water only.

The salad dressing below includes lime, albeit not a whole lot:

6 tablespoons pure olive oil (not virgin or extra virgin, as you want neutral flavour)

1.5 tablespoons of a 50-50 mix of lime and lemon juice

1.5 tablespoons of Japanese soy sauce (Kikkoman is a decent, widely available brand)

2 teaspoons roast sesame oil

Whisk all of the above together. Tastes brilliant on shredded salad of carrot, cucumber, red capsicum, radish, and Chinese cabbage

Let me know if I've used an Australian-ism anywhere above, and you're trying to figure out what I mean. Obviously, flavour = flavor. Um, red capsicum = sweet red pepper. Not sure what you guys call Chinese cabbage. It also goes by the name "wombok" here. Sometimes Asian cabbage.