• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle opinions and recommendations

Restaurants I will be visiting outside the city:

Le Gourmand

35th St. Bistro

Lombardi's

Since when are we in Ballard/Fremont outside the city??? :raz:

I'd move Lombardi's down on your list, they are not as good as they once were (which was never fine dining) and add LeGourmand's adjacent Sambar for lovely coctails & yummy frites.

Also to consider is Via Tribunali for Neapolitan style pizza (they seem to have up/down quality, but my experiences have been positive)

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...

I would also add Sitka and Spruce to your list.  If you want to move Union up your list there are a few dinners coming up there you may want to get in on.  On October 29th there is a Champagne dinner with Dumont, six courses with paired wines for $100, and on the next night there is a Cooks and Books diinner featuring Michel Richard for $175, the price includes dinner, wine, a copy of the book, and a chance to talk with Chef Richard.

Rocky

Hi Rocky thanks for your tip on Sitka and Spruce and the upcoming Union dinners, I really appreciate it!

miss Jme

Seattle, WA

I've been there a couple of times, both early and late HH. Neither time was it particularly loud (except for our group  :biggrin: ) and it was definitely not scene-y. The ambiance is wonderful - dark, leather banquettes, that sort of thing. The service is fantastic. IIRC, it was opened by some folks from El Gaucho.
I am glad to hear from somebody who has been to El Portal, I don't think I've seen it mentioned on this board yet.  Do you like their fare?  I always give the late-night places extra consideration because I'm often dining after 11PM. 

I've been to El Portal for drinks and appetizers a couple of times. I loved it and I really want to go back for a full meal. The guacamole was particularly good.

Thanks for your feedback LEdlund. I'm glad to hear that you liked it! Their menu looks good to me. How was the ambiance and the service?

Also, was it loud, crowded/scene-y when you went? I love dining late but do not enjoy yelling over my entree.

thanks! :smile:

-Jme

Sounds great LEdlund, thank you for your description! I will post about it after I have dined there. :smile:

miss Jme

Seattle, WA

Restaurants I will be visiting outside the city:

Le Gourmand

35th St. Bistro

Lombardi's

Since when are we in Ballard/Fremont outside the city??? :raz:

I'd move Lombardi's down on your list, they are not as good as they once were (which was never fine dining) and add LeGourmand's adjacent Sambar for lovely coctails & yummy frites.

Also to consider is Via Tribunali for Neapolitan style pizza (they seem to have up/down quality, but my experiences have been positive)

Thanks Eden for the advice about Lombardi's and Via Tribunali. Oh yes, I forgot to mention I did had Sambar on my list for late night; I am looking forward to trying them! btw I have changed the name of my "Outside The City" list to "Not Downtown" heehee! :smile:

I myself am an Eastsider. Thanks again!

miss Jme

Seattle, WA