• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Northern NJ Wine Meetup Group

bobferdon

Trattoria Fresco on Bloomfield Ave ...Italian

Latour Ridgewood Ave.... French

Gazelle Godwin Ave .....lighter American

in that order

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Here are two good sites for finding byo restaurants in New Jersey:

http://www.byobguide.com/

http://www.byoguide.com/

(they are different!)

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's

Blu in Montclair

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

[Great! Iwas a member of that group (I may still be) but there were few meetings and most were in the Montclair area. Those of us in NorthernNorthern NJ usually miss out.....SO glad to see this is being taken over by someone who is also interested in good food.

Dana

[Great! Iwas a member of that group (I may still be) but there were few meetings and most were in the Montclair area. Those of us in NorthernNorthern NJ usually miss out.....SO glad to see this is being taken over by someone who is also interested in good food.

Dana

Any chance I could convince you to do this in Central Jersey (and invite me!) instead?  :D

There is a Central NJ group and South also...

http://wine.meetup.com/48/?gj=sj3

Wow! Where have I been all this time?? I didn't know Meetup clubs existed and can't wait to join (or form) a local food & wine group. Thanks for the great tip.

Rebecca's in Endgewater

Fat Kat in Little Ferry

Silver Oak in Ridgewood

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler