• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Neal's Yard Stilton

johnjohn

Puff pastry canapes, melt on top of steak, stuff into poached pears, top braised endive or radichio....

thats all I can think of

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

You can put it in a gratin with bacon, sliced potatoes, and kale,spinach,and or collard greens.. Cover with cream..

Make a lot of blue cheese stuffed olives.. Make a blue cheese quiche.. Stuff them in little buffalo style wings and fry them.. You can freeze them if you want.. Stuff into quails is always good.. Make a blue cheese dressing of course..I have heard of stilton ice cream too!

Edited by Daniel (log)

If its the same stuff that we get from Neal's Yard in London it is Colston Bassett Stilton, the best Stilton you can find. Their own website suggests that it can be frozen successfully.

Personally I wouldn't be able to stop myself from eating the stuff.

Colston Bassett

Try a lump with a glass of Port or Sauternes....make a Welsh rarebit.....a salad with chicory, walnuts and vinaigrette....slather it all over an oatcake and.....oh you know...

That was my first ever post and I apologise to matthew for hitting "reply".....I'll work it out before long!

Edited by martinwa (log)

Eat it with good bread or biscuits, a nice apple and a glass of something..

Couple of dinner parties and it will be gone

You can pot some: mash it with butter then put in a jar and cover with melted butter, Leave a while to turn into "fromage fort".

Other things not mentioned are stilton soup, or on baked potato, but these things are a shame compared to the beauty of eating such a magnificent cheese on its own.

There is no hurry. Provided its airtight it will keep, and be even beter at Christmas..

This is a fantastic cheese, the Granddaddy of all stilton. 3 nice ways of using it would be 1) top figs with it, wrap in pancetta and grill - delicious, 2) in a salad with rocket, pea shoots and red wine poached pears and a basil vinaigrette, and a slightly unusual combination that I discovered recently 3)Lobster salad with rocket, walnuts, walnut oil and the stilton - I was dubious about this but the creamyness and strength of flavour of the stilton is offset perfectly with the texture and sweetness of the lobster. Happy eating!

If a man makes a statement and a woman is not around to witness it, is he still wrong?