• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Must find white truffles ASAP

Hi,

my husband has an inn in North Hatley, Manoir Hovey, with an haute cuisine restaurant, and the chefs at Hovey want to start, soon, a special tasting menu including a dish with fresh white truffles, since they are in season. I had the name and number of a supplier (found it in Lesley's book), but can't find it. Can someone help asap, please?

thanks!

Alexandra Forbes

Brazilian food and travel writer, @aleforbes on Twitter

Official Website

Serge is the man to go to, last year we got fresh black truffle from him and believe he will have white as well, if not I know there is another supplier selling them(he was also supplying frozen cepes to restaurants like Globe and co.), the guy came in to where I was working last year with a box full, 150$-200$/100g I believe at the time.

Paolo Macchi, truffle importer, he also has a cottage near north hatley.

someone else must know his number.

This is not a supplier in Montreal but it will work. This is a firm in Berlin that I use. You can e-mail this guy, Mehmet, he is the manager of International accounts. Then my guess is that he can send them to you via FedEx or DHL:

myasar@frischeparadies.de

The firm is Lindenberg, a great international firm throughout central europe. It may actually end up a tiny bit cheaper than the average firm in North America. Their cost for getting them is probably a bit lower and then you just need to pay the shipping costs. Bargain with him.

• 2 weeks later...