• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fish Kebabs

Fat Guy

I cut fillets into rough cubes/rectangles, speared them with a skewer.  No problem at all.  Are you cooking them at too low a temperature or for too long?

I was using the electric grill on my terrace. It gets very hot (700 degrees), I probably undercooked them. Maybe I should have sprayed the grill some more.

Rich Schulhoff

Opinions are like friends, everyone has some but what matters is how you respect them!

It is decidedly not an endangered species. Chilean sea bass has been overfished, but is sustainable when fished within the current legal limit. There is a problem with poaching (illegal fishing; not the cooking method), however.

http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/trade/chile.pdf

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)