• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli 2007 Reservations

fauxtarga

What does "mid-October" mean? I need a date and a time!!

Try the weekend of October 12th.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

What does "mid-October" mean? I need a date and a time!!

Try the weekend of October 12th.

Brilliant, I will, thanks for the info. Out of interest do you know whether I would be more or less likely to get a reservation if I just ask for any time on any date for any amount of people? Do they prefer you to be more specific?

I'm pretty sure I could get enough of my foodie friends together for any size table at any time in 2008.

My advice would be to ask for a preferred range of dates, but if you are that flexible that you would accept any time, indicate so. As for numbers, unless you have a specific group, I would suggest 2-6 people. Most of all indicate your flexibility. Of course, given the number of reservation requests they receive that is still no guarantee, but I imagine would increase the odds in your favor. If a specific date has particularly special significance, indicate that as well. Luis Garcia has a very difficult job, but I don't think that there is anyone in the world who can handle it with as much aplomb and grace as he does.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz