• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli 2007 Reservations

fauxtarga

To get to Roses your best bet is probably to hire a car. It's a fairly painless drive from BCN.

Or you can take the train to Figueres and hire a car there. Avis, Hertz and Europcar have offices by the train station. It's a 15-25 minute drive from Figueres to Roses depending on local traffic.

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have a major problem now...I'm not sure I will be able to make my July reservation :sad:

I recently started a new job and they are being very inflexible about letting me have time off in the first few weeks of July (reporting deadlines and all that stuff).

So now I am wondering if there is any precedent for switching a reservation once it has been made? I should be able to go in August, or even September, but July seems to be out.

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach El Bulli with this or any other useful tidbits? Maybe I am just completely screwed (hope not).

This is very, very sad, as I was starting to really get excited for the trip. :sad::sad:

-Len

So I have a major problem now...I'm not sure I will be able to make my July reservation  :sad:

I recently started a new job and they are being very inflexible about letting me have time off in the first few weeks of July (reporting deadlines and all that stuff).

So now I am wondering if there is any precedent for switching a reservation once it has been made?  I should be able to go in August, or even September, but July seems to be out.

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach El Bulli with this or any other useful tidbits?  Maybe I am just completely screwed (hope not).

This is very, very sad, as I was starting to really get excited for the trip.  :sad:  :sad:

-Len

While there are no guarantees, I would suggest contacting them by email to let them know of your plight and hopes for rectifying it. If there is a way for them to accomodate you, I expect they will.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

So I have a major problem now...I'm not sure I will be able to make my July reservation  :sad:

So now I am wondering if there is any precedent for switching a reservation once it has been made?  I should be able to go in August, or even September, but July seems to be out.

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach El Bulli with this or any other useful tidbits?  Maybe I am just completely screwed (hope not).

This is very, very sad, as I was starting to really get excited for the trip.  :sad:  :sad:

-Len

and if not i'd be willing to help you out by taking your booking... :wink:

While there are no guarantees, I would suggest contacting them by email to let them know of your plight and hopes for rectifying it. If there is a way for them to accomodate you, I expect they will.

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

Well thank you for the responses, even the tongue-in-cheek self-serving ones. :raz:

I have sent an e-mail asking for help; I will definitely post here to let you know what happens.

Cheers,

Len

• 4 weeks later...

Amazingly I just received an offer from Luis Garcia for a reservation that falls right in my specifiied time period! I thought all hope was lost when I had to cancel my July reservation.

Words can not accurately express how excited I am that this worked out!

Now back to finding somewhere to stay...

Cheers,

Len

Amazingly I just received an offer from Luis Garcia for a reservation that falls right in my specifiied time period!  I thought all hope was lost when I had to cancel my July reservation.

Cheers,

Len

Congrats! We'll be dining there in precisely 11 days and are very excited. I'll post some thoughts on the meal when we're back. By the way, we've booked into the Hotel Port Salins, a 4-star in Empuriabrava for 85 Euros for their highest room catrgory. Taxi to El Bulli is 30 euros each way, arranged through the hotel. I'll also post here with our thoughts on the accomodations as I don't think I've seen the Port Salins mentioned on egullet ...

Amazingly I just received an offer from Luis Garcia for a reservation that falls right in my specifiied time period!  I thought all hope was lost when I had to cancel my July reservation.

Cheers,

Len

Congrats! We'll be dining there in precisely 11 days and are very excited. I'll post some thoughts on the meal when we're back. By the way, we've booked into the Hotel Port Salins, a 4-star in Empuriabrava for 85 Euros for their highest room catrgory. Taxi to El Bulli is 30 euros each way, arranged through the hotel. I'll also post here with our thoughts on the accomodations as I don't think I've seen the Port Salins mentioned on egullet ...

Thank you, and please do post on Hotel Port Salins as we are currently considering it for our stay in Roses.

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious about something. I've heard a few diferent people say that 2007 is going to be elBulli's final season. Now I don;t know what basis they have to say this or if this is a rujmor that has been going around for years. But does anyone know anything about this or has heard about this for 2007???????

Hello, new member here although I have been a long time browser.

I managed to get a reservation at El Bulli thanks in part to advice that I gained from these pages so firstly I would like to say thank you to everyone.

The big day finally came on Wednesday of last week, I, my wife and four good friends had a wonderful meal (the reservation coincided with my birthday).

As a newbie I would like to seek some advice from some of the old hands here regarding forum etiquette, should I tell more about my visit or would that be spoiling the surprise for those that have a reservation? If so should I do it here in this thread? As a newcomer I didn't want to jump in and start a brand new thread.

I managed to get a reservation at El Bulli thanks in part to advice that I gained from these pages so firstly I would like to say thank you to everyone.

The big day finally came on Wednesday of last week, I, my wife and four good friends had a wonderful meal (the reservation coincided with my birthday).

As a newbie I would like to seek some advice from some of the old hands here regarding forum etiquette, should I tell more about my visit or would that be spoiling the surprise for those that have a reservation? If so should I do it here in this thread? As a newcomer I didn't want to jump in and start a brand new thread.

Hi smoz!

My recommendation would be to create something along the lines of this thread: El Bulli 2006 Reports

I have not seen a 2007 reports thread yet, so I think you could start one and everyone can post their reports there.

Please do post as much information as you are comfortable with (with pictures if possible). I doubt I am the only one that loves to read/see the the reports of all our worldly and passionate diners!

I looking forward to seeing your report!

Cheers,

Len

Hi smoz!

My recommendation would be to create something along the lines of this thread: El Bulli 2006 Reports

I have not seen a 2007 reports thread yet, so I think you could start one and everyone can post their reports there.

Please do post as much information as you are comfortable with (with pictures if possible). I doubt I am the only one that loves to read/see the the reports of all our worldly and passionate diners!

I looking forward to seeing your report!

Cheers,

Len

Thanks for the advice, I will do so

• 3 months later...

Oh man I would kill for that reservation. Thats the day after I arrive in barcelona, and Id definitely be willing to make the trip out there. Does anyone know if they seat parties of 1? I don't know if anyone would be with me :(.

Does egullet (and El Bulli for that matter) condone and/or facilitate the sale of reservations? It seems opportunistic to me.

It does not feel right to me either. I would think both parties would have some sort of policy against this type of thing.

-Len

He wasn't aware of the existence of Egullet until now. I think he might even be willing to give it to someone. He just didn't want to cancel the reservation because he tried so hard, like everyone here, to get this reservation.

Hmmm... I don't know what are the rules around these sorts of stuff. eg. Many people do sell some sporting event tickets for multiple times the Face Value on Ebay right?!

Does egullet (and El Bulli for that matter) condone and/or facilitate the sale of reservations? It seems opportunistic to me.

It does not feel right to me either. I would think both parties would have some sort of policy against this type of thing.

-Len

Hmmm... I don't know what are the rules around these sorts of stuff.  eg. Many people do sell some sporting event tickets for multiple times the Face Value on Ebay right?!

Sporting tickets are purchased and have a monetary value. A restaurant reservation does not have monetary value. You still pay for the meal--a reservation is given freely and in good faith like a doctor's appointment... And, if you purchase a restaurant reservation, the restaurant has every right to refuse to accept it.

I would certainly hate to see the day when restaurants charge for mere reservations. Or when a food enthusiast site like this is used for the purpose of auctioning off reservations (unless it were for charitable purposes and with the participation of the restaurant).

Edited by butterfly (log)

I would certainly hate to see the day when restaurants charge for mere reservations. Or when a food enthusiast site like this is used for the purpose of auctioning off reservations (unless it were for charitable purposes).

Yes, I hate to see that too. But other than for El Bulli, I can't imagine there are people who's willing to pay for other restaurant reservations. In addition, there are only few people who're willing to give up their El Bulli booking. So I don't think this will happen.

Edited by kkwchan (log)

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone know when they will begin accepting requests for the 2008 season?

Sandy Levine
The Oakland Art Novelty Company

sandy@TheOaklandFerndale.com www.TheOaklandFerndale.com

www.facebook.com/ArtNoveltyCompany twitter: @theoakland

does anyone know when they will begin accepting requests for the 2008 season?

I just asked a few days ago to check and got a reply today. I've got six different reminders set already, including one hanging on my cat!

/Tim

-------------------------

Apreciados Señores,

2008 RESERVATIONS: You can send your request on mid October to bulli@elbulli.com and we will give you an answer as soon as possible.

Due the experience of receiving an extraordinary demand at the first moment that surpasses our limited capacity, I must explain you that it will be impossible for us to find solution for the most of requests.

The problem that we are living around reservations is increasing year after year due we must distribute our capacity (50 people each service – 8000 seats each season). We keep our 50 % of capacity for our customers and the other 50 % for people wishing to visit us for the first time.

We try to solution the most possible of requests but finally, due our limited capacity, the demand awaiting a solution surpasses our possibilities and even makes us impossible to have a waiting list as we will need too many years to absorb it.

We thank you sincerely for all your interest.

Sincerely yours,

Luis Garcia

2008 - Open form April till October

Only dinner service 7.30 – 9.30 p.m. except on Sundays of April, May and June that we will be open for lunch (1.00 – 2.30 p.m.) and closed for dinner.

Monday and Tuesday closed

ElBullirestaurant

Cala Montjoi - 17480 Roses

Tel. +34 972 15 04 57

Fax. +34 972 15 07 17

E-mail: bulli@elbulli.com

Web: www.elbulli.com