• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli 2007 Reservations

fauxtarga

Poor cute husband, when I broke the news to him on Friday (he really doesn't care) said surely he would be able to find us a reservation. Cutie. Not really getting the point. Ah well.

Fat duck instead, I guess.

Edited by Catriona (log)

POor cute husband, when I broke the news to him on Friday (he really doesn't are) said surely he would be able to find us a reservation.  Cutie.  Not really getting the point.  Ah well.

Fat duck instead, I guess.

I was also gutted. I have eaten there three times now. I also asked for any table, any day from May on. Nothing, same email.

However, husband still is in the running.....we will see.

The yes emails have begun. I received an email a couple of hours ago offering me a table in April. This was my first try on an El Bulli reservation ... beginners luck, I suppose ... Very, very excited ...

The yes emails have begun. I received an email a couple of hours ago offering me a table in April. This was my first try on an El Bulli reservation ... beginners luck, I suppose ... Very, very excited ...

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Whatever you do, don't forget to respond!!

Si

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Whatever you do, don't forget to respond!!

Si

Already done!

How is "Camping Ciutat de Vacances Cala Montjoi Roses" which seems to be the only place very close to El Bulli. From the web site, it looks basic, but means that you can walk to El Bulli. Seems to only have booking for full board at E78 for two - although I don't think that we will bother with dinner there :wacko:

How is "Camping Ciutat de Vacances Cala Montjoi Roses" which seems to be the only place very close to El Bulli.  From the web site, it looks basic, but means that you can walk to El Bulli. Seems to only have booking for full board at E78 for two - although I don't think that we will bother with dinner there :wacko:

Not great. We stayed there last year. Even though I sent an email months before we arrived and received a "confirmation" of availability, when we arrived, we were told that they do not actually reserve rooms. (??) We were then quoted the "El Bulli rate" of 100 euros. The room was small, a bit run down, but clean. Bathroom was adequate, but we definitely felt like we were roughing it a bit and were glad to leave. I would never stay there again; however, I will say that it was VERY convenient since it's right next door to El Bulli.

Edited by mukki (log)

To all those that have received a 'Yes!', do you mind sharing how you phrased your email request?

I guess that there is a sliding scale between 'I'll take any day you have' and 'I want table 3 on tuesday, july 8th, 8:43:30pm, but we will arrive at 8:36:4pm'

Thanks in advance

Larry

Taco Truck or Per Se - No matter as long as passion drives the food

I'll take any day you have' and 'I want table 3 on tuesday, july 8th, 8:43:30pm, but we will arrive at 8:36:4pm'

I don't think that would get you anywhere as July 8th is a Sunday.

My intent was to illustrate 'not enough detail' vs. 'too much detail'

Taco Truck or Per Se - No matter as long as passion drives the food

I'll take any day you have' and 'I want table 3 on tuesday, july 8th, 8:43:30pm, but we will arrive at 8:36:4pm'

I don't think that would get you anywhere as July 8th is a Sunday.

They are open on Sundays.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz