• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli 2007 Reservations

fauxtarga

Friend of mine sent in a request for a table for 6 any time during the season, got a no very quickly. She was late in sending itin though, didn't do it on the 14th/15th.

I have been away from my email account for a week and was nervously awaiting the negative response on my return, but nothing there, so it's still a possibility!

I sent in by email at 12:01am (Spain time) on Oct 15 (6:01pm on Oct 14 in EST, and also by fax (making reference to the email at the same time, which surprisingly went through first time). Haven't heard back yet.

I was just reading this thread when the mail came through from el Bulli saying no for 2007. Oh well, we were ridiculously lucky to get in this year at our first attempt. It just means we'll have to think of some other restaurant trip next year.

Good luck to those still in the running!!

Si

Indeed. Since I met Corinna there this year, I thought it would be fitting if the 3 of us turned up on the same night next year. :biggrin:

Not to worry. I can't argue with the logic of giving places to new diners. It seems only fair.

Si

Maybe in the spirit of eGullet they've given me your place.

A girl can always hope. Am feeling a little silly: perhaps I should have sent in a long essay about how I'd have a great appreciation for his food etc, instead of saying "please give me a table for 2 at any time during the season, we'll drop everythig and come, just tell us when"... I'm hoping that my minimalist style will have swung it for me.

Caitriona... the longer you wait, the better your chances. And from what I understand, a concise note leaving the options open is the way to go.

Simon, what a shame. I too was hoping that somehow we'd magically get a booking on the same date again. It was so much fun meeting up with you and Hazel last April. But you know, there's always a chance with cancellations, as that's how we got our booking in April despite the fact that we'd got a "no" in Oct/Nov last year.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

For what it's worth, I emailed on the 12th looking for a table and got a reply advising that they'd be accepting reservations on the 14th, 15th and 16th. I emailed again, about 2 minutes past midnight in Spain on the 14th, and again just past midnight on the 14th in my home timezone (NYC). I've requested a two-top for dinner, any time in April, and to date have received no reply.

I tried to be tricky and made two requests.

I requested September 3rd, 9pm in english, which was declined October 26th.

My wife, who uses her maiden name Zermeno, requested June 8th, 8pm in spanish. Hers was declined Friday, November 3rd. I really thought we had that one.

Dang.

Taco Truck or Per Se - No matter as long as passion drives the food

I just got a no... the same email as previous posters about how they are oversubscribed and want to allow for new diners.

I sent me email in late, 17th Nov (as I was in Barcelona that weekend and forgot). I also specified dates, which is not a great idea. I'm not sure if this had any baring, but it shows where they are in terms of working through the emails. So anyone who emailed before 17th Nov and has not heard yet, is probably in with a good shot.

Best of luck.

I just got a no... the same email as previous posters about how they are oversubscribed and want to allow for new diners.

I sent me email in late, 17th Nov (as I was in Barcelona that weekend and forgot).  I also specified dates, which is not a great idea.  I'm not sure if this had any baring, but it shows where they are in terms of working through the emails.  So anyone who emailed before 17th Nov and has not heard yet, is probably in with a good shot.

Best of luck.

I suppose you mean October, Corinna. Better luck next time.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

Got my rejection email a couple of days ago. Had no date preferences and sent the email on the morning reservations opened.

No bother, I'll have to catch up with some buddies in Seville instead and check out Hacienda Benazuza

Sorry to hear about your no, Corinna.

Thanks Caitriona... I'm fine about it actually. I had my moment and wish the same for others who haven't been there yet. I reckon you're looking good for a booking.

And yes, as Pedro pointed out, it was 17th October, not November when I applied!!!

for what it's worth, last year I sent my request on October 16 - and didn't get a positive reply (for my requested date in April) until mid-December. It was a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg wait - but worth it.

I've received my NO, but with a long, polite explenation which I really appreciated.

I'll try in the season for last minutes cancellation and if lucky, will get a plane in and out....

By the way, Am I right to assume that El Bulli is closer to Girona Airport rather then Barcelona???

Thanks

Edited by Pizza Napoletana (log)

Seems there's a new round of rejections going out, this time with some interesting stats:

Apreciados Señores,

We regret not to have more available options for 2007. Our limited capacity has been again surpassed for the extraordinary demand received at the first moment. We apologize to you.

The problem that we are living around reservations is increasing year after year due we must distribute our capacity (50 people each service – 8000 seats each season). We keep our 50 % of capacity for our customers and the other 50 % for people wishing to visit us for the first time.

We have tried to solution the most possible of requests but, finally, due our limited capacity, we do not have more options and the demand awaiting a solution surpasses our possibilities and even makes us impossible to have a waiting list as we will need too many years to absorb it.

We sincerely thank you very much for all your interest and we remain at your disposal if you wish to revise the situation during the season.

E-mail: bulli@elbulli.com