• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli 2007 Reservations

fauxtarga

As it's coming up on "Mid October" (as the website says) does anyone have any tips for someone who's lost this game many years in a row and is getting a little desparate?

When is Mid October anyway? The 14th? 15th?

Yes, observation seems to indicate that the longer you hear from them the more probability of getting a reservation you have. So, if you haven't heard a "sorry, but not this year" answer by mid November it's a good sign. Although I got a "no" last year on Nov 8.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

Just got my reply for August 14th (my birthday)

Apreciados Señores,

We have received your first e-mail. The demand has been extraordinary and it will be impossible to find a solution for all the requests.

"We will give you an answer as soon as possible but we will need time to read and organize everything.

Thank you for all your interest.

Apreciados Señores,

We have received your first e-mail. The demand has been extraordinary and it will be impossible to find a solution for all the requests.

We will give you an answer as soon as possible but we will need time to read and organize everything.

Thank you for all your interest."

We'll it's not a no, just in case I don't get it I'm off to the the El Bulli hotel on 1st November for a few days so I can at least get a taste of the food.

Got the english cook books, Texturas still waiting to sample the real thing.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

We'll it's not a no, just in case I don't get it I'm off to the the El Bulli hotel on 1st November for a few days so I can at least get a taste of the food.

Couple of things.

According to Michelin, Hacienda Benazuza is closed from Nov-Feb (Ok just double-checked it's closed from Jan 1-Feb 28 - my original attempted reservation was for January).

And the food really is fantastic - we enjoyed it slightly more than our El Bulli visit (just). But we had to order the 'Benazuza tasting menu' in advance - they do have a daily tasting menu, but it isn't as extensive as the special one. Our second best meal of last 10 years (El Bulli itself was #3 - and to pre-answer the obvious question, Akelare remains #1).

I've not gotten dinged just yet, but some have been getting this message:

Apreciados Señores,

We regret not to be able to full fill your reservation request. Our limited capacity has been surpassed at the first moment due the extraordinary demand. We apologize to you.

It is impossible for us to have a waiting list but we will be at your disposal to revise if cancellations are produced when we confirm all the reservations a week in advance

E-mail: bulli@elbulli.com Fax: +34 972 15 07 17 Tel. +34 972 15 04 57 – (during the season, after 3.00 p.m.)

Atentamente,

Luis García

I just received my rejection. I can't say that I am surprised though, as my request was somewhat unorthodox. I could not commit to any particular time for either myself or anything that they could have assigned to me, until my vacation assignment for 2007 is allocated. That won't be until this coming Tuesday. Oh well! :sad:

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I got the bad news today. Its a shame because we got in last year and I feel were enjoying our meal as much as anyone we observed and I really wanted to go again. No hard feelings though. I imagine they got more requests than ever, and Luis told us the reason we got in before is because they wanted new diners and to get them in they had to deny 2000 previous repeat diners to make room. Later in our trip we ate next to a delightful couple at Hisop who had been dining there every year since El Bull's opening, and they were told no last year for that very reason personally by Luis. Glad I got one meal in, I feel lucky for that.

Nate

Edited by nhconner (log)

Took a brief survey of applications / responses:

Sent 10/13: rejected

Sent 10/14: 02:40 rejected

Sent 10/14: 04:47 rejected

Sent 10/15: 00:00 no response

Sent 10/15: 00:04 no response

Sent 10/15: 00:06 rejected

Sent 10/15: 00:11 rejected

Sent 10/17: 00:07 rejected

Still hoping, in the no response boat.