• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marcello on Commercial Drive

Global

I admit I still occasionally go, its like a stress test for me!

However, I have a new system, I will order two beers at the same time so my pizza and beer ratio works out.

Previously, my second beer would arrive around the time I hit the second narrows bridge.

"I went to a restaurant that serves breakfast at anytime.

So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance".

Steven Wright

Wow, read around the internet and the reviews by customers, and critics are mostly very negative. Yet, it is a busy restaurant. What does this say about Vancouver's diners. I did it once and it was a nightmare. Now egullet's thread makes me look farther, and I am shocked at how bad they are.

• 4 months later...

For those of us who have discussed our preference for Lombardo’s Pizza versus Marcello's pizza and have criticised the service at Marcello’s, here’s another great reason to choose Lombardo’s over Marcello's. I aways had a feeling that this guy was a jerk!

National Post story on Marcello's owner

Cate Simpson

Les Dames d'Escoffier International

www.ldei.org

www.lesdames.ca

For those of us who have discussed our preference for Lombardo’s Pizza versus Marcello's pizza and have criticised the service at Marcello’s, here’s another great reason to choose Lombardo’s over Marcello's. I aways had a feeling that this guy was a jerk!

This story has been in the local papers as well for the past week.

Derek

Wow, what a charmer! By coincidence my sister (who is visiting from out of town) and I were on our way to Marcellos on Friday for a pizza when she also mentioned she wouldn't mind a smoked meat sandwich. As we were passing Yaletown at the time we detoured to PHATS instead of going to Marcellos and damn glad we did now that I read this.

Read the story in the Province the other day. $900,000, wow. After reading some of the posts up thread and on Dinehere.ca I am excited to try it out. Can a place really have that bad of service? I want to go just to see (and have a calzone). If the owner is as grumpy as people have posted this settlement must have him over the top by now.

Read the story in the Province the other day. $900,000, wow. After reading some of the posts up thread and on Dinehere.ca I am excited to try it out. Can a place really have that bad of service? I want to go just to see (and have a calzone). If the owner is as grumpy as people have posted this settlement must have him over the top by now.

Ok, just do not be one of the people who write....

" After reading so many negative posts here about the food and service, I decided to try it for myself, thinking that it can not really be that bad..................................and lo and behold, it was " and then proceed to add yet another post about the same things.

Instead, donate your money to a charity or light it on fire.

Anyhoo, $900,000.............guess the kids are going to get more than new bikes for Xmas this year.

Mrs. Lombardo must be doing something right as not only has she maintained the origianal location all of these years, but has opened a second one as well.

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

You know what would be great to see? The Marcello's sign coming down and replaced with one that reads Lombardo's.

To the Victor goes the spoils!!!

For the Judge to be that pissed he must have eaten at Marcello's.

Edited by Dirty Rice (log)

"I went to a restaurant that serves breakfast at anytime.

So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance".

Steven Wright

• 5 months later...

Mrs. Lombardo must be doing something right as not only has she maintained the origianal location all of these years, but has opened a second one as well.

Did a quick Google but couldn't find reference to new Lombardo's -- where it be?

It's at Burrard and Smithe (right by the Scotiabank Theatre)

Grazie!

Edited by Pam R (log)