• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seasonal Foods

weinoo

Allright, so I just scored my first package of Mallomars of the season!

And just as the last of the heirloom tomatoes make their stand at the farmer's market.

What other "seasonal delicacies" are you secretly awaiting?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Allright, so I just scored my first package of Mallomars of the season! 

ME TOO!! I missed them so much during the summer--I did a happy dance in the store when I saw them.

Karen C.

"Oh, suddenly life’s fun, suddenly there’s a reason to get up in the morning – it’s called bacon!" - Sookie St. James

Travelogue: Ten days in Tuscany

Unpasteurized apple cider. It's early in the season so I think it's a little too sweet and light for me right now, but I'll pick some up anyway -- by November, though, it'll be perfect.

Apples in general really, but real cider is what I missed most in the years I lived away from New England.

i made pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread last night. i love me some pumpkin! :biggrin: i roasted the seeds a few days ago when i cooked it up. i got the pumpkin at wal-mart(i know-shame) for 68 cents. i think i got my moneys worth.

Edited by star792 (log)

"i saw a wino eating grapes and i was like, dude, you have to wait"- mitch hedburg