• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating Out in Leeds

trimble

I am looking for a venue in Leeds that would be suitable for a party of 20 for a evening meal in December on Saturday 16th, preferably in the city centre.

I have tried the top end of the market - Anthony's, 3 York Place, Brasserie 44 and even Simply Heathcotes but to no avail.

Spend per head in the region of £50 excluding drinks.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

indian?

akbars, aagrah or nawaab are all decent sized sites.

new akbars is in the old bibis site which is right in the centre of one of the drinking areas on greek street. Nawaab is 5 mins from station aagrah bit further away near playhouse.

you don't win friends with salad

aagrahs would have been my suggestion too ...

There's always Casa Mia near Millenium Square .... not as great as Bibi's but reliable enough. and there should be plenty of change from the £50 per head ...

Not been to Leodis for years but that used to be acceptable enough?

Otherwise you may need to head into the suburbs ... somewhere like Headindley, or Chapel Allerton?