• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dark Coconut Rum

Ed Hamilton

On my last trip down island I saw for the first time a dark rum called Belmont Coconut Rum in St Kitts. This is made by the people who also make St Kitts Rum and CSR. Has anyone found any other dark coconut rums?

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

• 2 months later...

Well after three months I guess no one else has found any other coconut rums. I discovered another one, again at the Penthouse Rum Fest, as well as meeting some beautiful women, see the other thread for pictures from Jason.

Brinley Gold is blending a coconut rum that is dark in color and quite nice, maybe not as good as their vanilla rum, but certainly good enough to mix with a little (fill in your imagination) .

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

I liked the Brinley as well, but as you say, their Vanilla is better than the coconut. As far as white coconut rums go I am partial to the Cruzan.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

The mango Cruzan, which hasnt hit the states yet, is quite nice.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host