• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Policarbonate molds

Desiderio

http://www.chocolatform.com/index.php?pag=products&pid=42

I send an email to this company to see their prices,I am going back to Italy at the end of October so I was thinking to buy some molds while I am there since they are cheaper cause most of them come from there :raz: .

Did any of you ever seen this type of mold around here in the States by chance?

I was looking for them for a bit and wondering why I never seen them around in the regular sites.

( btw I think Mette uses them for her beautifull chocolates in a recent post )

Thank you

Vanessa

Too funny, I was just going to add a link to the exact same mold at chocolat-chocolat. Great minds and all that. Perhaps if I read the replys before I start looking I could save some time.

Chocolat-chocolat is in Montreal. I get molds from them in 24 to 48 hours. You will likely get them within a week.

If you are gouing to Europe you might want to check out this place for molds, they have many I have never seen elsewhere, including a cup: JKV in holland

There is a JVK supplier in the US, but not in Canada. I think he is in California, I have talked to him before, a very decent guy. If you e-mail JVK they will give you his info.

If you are gouing to Europe you might want to check out this place for molds, they have many I have never seen elsewhere, including a cup: JKV in holland

There is a JVK supplier in the US, but not in Canada. I think he is in California, I have talked to him before, a very decent guy. If you e-mail JVK they will give you his info.

The contact info for JKV in the U.S. is as follows:

C. Ian Mackenzie

U.S. Office of JKV

1438 Soquel Avenue

Santa Cruz, Ca. 95062-2111

Tel: 831 425-3882

Fax: 831 425-6570

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

• 3 weeks later...

Like Kerry said, chocolat chocolat has a huge inventory.

While in Santa Monica last year I went to a high end restaurant supply showroom called Le Sanctuaire at 2710 Main Street, where I purchased a wonderful Italian polycarbonate mold. Her selection isn't as extensive but I love working with this mold; it's a convoluted heart shape.