• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Had wisdom teeth pulled!

owzer

Had all four out when I was 20, don't remember what I ate, but I recall that straight rye applied to the empty sockets and pulling out the silk sutures the first night seemed to make it all more bearable.

Had all four out when I was 20, don't remember what I ate, but I recall that straight rye applied to the empty sockets and pulling out the silk sutures the first night seemed to make it all more bearable.

That's the spirit!

I guess I was a little flippant in my first post here, altho it was God's truth. Fact is, your mouth will heal up fine and fast, and you must never throw food that was never meant to be blended -- lasagna, steak, etc. in the blender, or, in fact, depend on the Waring at all.

Eggs are your friends: soft boiled, omelettes, sunny-side up, poached -- all served with soft buttered toast and a little bacon you can crunch with your incisors. Maybe "Canadian" bacon because it isn't as crisp. Sausages. Pancakes.

I guess you have dispensation to eat breakfast until the sutures come out.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com