• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trio for square bowls

pastrymama

I am getting some new bowls like the ones in the link below. They are in the seventh photo down called square porcelain bowls. They will be 3" 2" and 1" across and will sit on a long narrow tray. I would like to do a chocolate trio in them and thought of something like a pot de creme in the 2" and chocolate granita in the 1" but I am having some problem coming up with something for the 3". I had thought of making a bomb with some mousse, broken pieces of dacquoise and nuts covered in a thin chocolate shell but I am not too sure it would look ok in the square bowl. The way they get smaller at the bottom makes for a challenge trying to do cake or anything that would be cut, because it wouldn't be able to sit in the bottom. Something scooped might work, but I have no idea what. I would like to have something with some texture or crunch to contrast with the other two bowls. Any ideas?

http://www.amnow.com/fine-dining/bowls.html

check out my baking and pastry books at the Pastrymama1 shop on www.Half.ebay.com

A little stack of chocolate cookies?

Happy Feasting

Janet (a.k.a The Old Foodie)

My Blog "The Old Foodie" gives you a short food history story each weekday day, always with a historic recipe, and sometimes a historic menu.

My email address is: theoldfoodie@fastmail.fm

Anything is bearable if you can make a story out of it. N. Scott Momaday

A chocolate Creme Brulee?

Chocolate lace cookies?

You could spoon a chocolate mousse into the small cup in 2 layers with the nuts and crumbled dacquoise in the middle, then pour ganache over the whole thing. No cutting.

Eileen

Eileen Talanian

HowThe Cookie Crumbles.com

HomemadeGourmetMarshmallows.com

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

A scoop of flourless chocolate cake....that wonderfull stuff not a mousse, not a brownie, not a molten cake

or some kind of a S'more propped in there

damn now i want chocolate ( so what else is new )

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association