• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Korean restaurants in the Valley.

Hi All,

I've been craving Korean food lately and know that there are a few near me, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried them out and had an opinion.

I was thinking either Hodori, which is right next to my friend's house, or Takamatsu. I hear Hodori is a little more traditional, and Takamatsu seems to be more of a BBQ place.

Anyone been to either one of these?

• 2 weeks later...

This answer comes from a friend that I asked about the best Korean in the area:

the best korean food in town is at Cho Dang, on arizona avenue in chandler. I have been to hodori, it is ok. takamatsu in phoenix is supposed to be quite good, but i can't speak personally.

Hope that helps,

Molto E

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

This answer comes from a friend that I asked about the best Korean in the area:

the best korean food in town is at Cho Dang, on arizona avenue in chandler. I have been to hodori, it is ok.  takamatsu in phoenix is supposed to be quite good, but i can't speak personally.

Hope that helps,

Molto E

Thanks for the response!

I pm'd you Molto before I read this reply.

• 1 month later...

I would set the level set that your not going to get Los Angeles K-town korean food in the valley..

Good Korean food in the valley depends on what your looking for..

Hodori

- Relativly easy location

- almos fast good like korean restaurant

- Pork Bul go gi (spicy pork) is pretty good and the serving sizes and they give you a lot

- Yuk Kwe Jang is pretty good (spicy beef soup)

- Kalbi is fair

Takamatsu

- The food and service is generally better across the board.. but their locations are not convenient.. one in Glendale and the other one is in southeast phoenix..

- try the stir fried kim chi, pork and tofu plate

- you can grill your meats at your table

for quick korean food hodori is ok.. if your really craving a good solid korean meal then head to takamatsu..