• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jean Georges and Nougatine

pcloguda

• 2 months later...
i read about a 20.00 lunch someplace but cant remember where.  does anyone know if thats a regular thing or was a restaurant week special??  thanks

$20.04 I think, Monday through Saturday, it's in Nougatine, the less upscale room. Limited choices, but a good buy for the money. Saturday was choice of tomato soup (good, a tad salty) or a simple market salad, followed by either hake (which was very good and an ample portion) or sliced steak with tomatos and potato salad(!!!). Steak had good flavor but was chewy. Choice of two simple dessserts, a min-chocolate cake-flan with half a poached plum and ice cream and another ice cream type dessert (forgot details). Well worth $20.04.

$20.04 I think, Monday through Saturday, it's in Nougatine, the less upscale room.  Limited choices, but a good buy for the money.  Saturday was choice of tomato soup (good, a tad salty) or a simple market salad, followed by either hake (which was very good and an ample portion) or sliced steak with tomatos and potato salad(!!!).  Steak had good flavor but was chewy.  Choice of two simple dessserts, a min-chocolate cake-flan with half a poached plum and ice cream and another ice cream type dessert (forgot details).  Well worth $20.04.

thannks much. the dinner i had there was my fav meal EVER. i wanted to see how close i could get to a 500.00 experience for 20.00. i think i'll give it try on sat. thanks again for the details.

The active discussion thread for Jean Georges and Nougatine may be found here.