• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Online MTL resto reviews & recommendations

McFoodie

I recently posted a list of my favorite Montreal restaurants on my website/blog dedicated to affordable gourmet food, www.mcfoodie.com. Please check it out and post or email me any comments, feedback, additional restaurants/resources or other suggestions. The website is very new and this is just a hobby so please be kind. :)

quick look:  Looks nice and reminds me some some restos.  Lots of style but no flavour.

A little (lot) more detail would be required for this to be anything very informative.  I guess my question is what are you hoping to do with this site?

Good question. We just started building the site and hesitated before posting it here because we completely agree with you... it needs more detailed info to truly be useful to anyone but us. For now, it simply lists our favorite restaurants in Montreal (and NJ, with other cities coming soon) along with contact info and website for each restaurant, and in the case of MTL, a one-line description where we will soon be posting a full review.

The website was created with the idea that often times when deciding where to have dinner, we end up going back to our usual places rather than taking a risk on something new. The site already indicates which places are our favorites. When this site it more complete, it will also include a search tool that actually works to allow you to find a new place without having to take a risk.

For now, it's still a work in progress and any comments, suggestions or restaurant recommendations are truly appreciated.

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen