• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Source for Le Crueset?

No grill pans at The Bay downtown. They said they don't carry them. Does anyone know which Bay has them? Ming Wo wasn't convenient today but I might have to give them a try.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

No grill pans at The Bay downtown. They said they don't carry them. Does anyone know which Bay has them? Ming Wo wasn't convenient today but I might have to give them a try.

This Panini Grill and Press is available at the Bay department store for $129.99. I saw it in the Persimmon Orange, I didn't check for other colours.

Richmond store had the above mentioned brand. Did you consider checking out Home Outfitters, they are owned by the Bay. Have you tried phoning the Bay stores, and see if they can have a product you want delivered to the Abbotsord store? They used to do that....in the past days of good customer service. :wink:

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

Dntn Bay had an abysmal selection of Le Creuset.

Just some stew pots in ugly colours.

Ming Wo's LC on S. Granville were only 20% off.

Selection was the best I've seen.

Did not remember to look for grill pans. Sorry.

Out of the deepest crevices of my steel-sieve mind

memories of an LC Sale are coming back to me...

I think that I was wandering the aisles of Whole Foods near the milks...

If more comes back you will all be among the first to know...

Bob McLeod

VOX BACCULUS HIC VADIS IN VITRIO JUBILIAM

The road goes on forever and the party never ends

• 5 months later...

The Gourmet Warehouse is the best source in Vancouver in my opinion. Their prices are below the manufacture’s suggested retail price and they can place special orders if they do not have what you want in stock.

I picked up a 26 cm skillet there for $112, the same skillet was $155 ($124 after the 20% sale deduction) at Ming Wo and $157 at Cookworks.

I agree! Gourmet Warehouse has great prices and a great selection of Le Creuset . I collect the mustard yellow Le Creuset and when visiting my parents on the Island often find it at a great sale price at Muffet and Louise in Victoria and Sidney.

Cate Simpson

Les Dames d'Escoffier International

www.ldei.org

www.lesdames.ca

• 13 years later...

Bumping this old topic because I need a lid for a stoneware Le Crueset.

20200912_114404.thumb.jpg.21fe745627ee7aafaa0025ce02d9d533.jpg

This is my pot roast dish. A couple of years ago, I took a pot roast out of the oven, took the lid off and put it in the sink. Moments later, I forgot it was still hot, turned on the water and...well, you know.

20200912_114428.thumb.jpg.df0609fef886755bd5493ec2935c1c28.jpg

Any sources where I can just buy the lid?

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

On 9/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, kayb said:

Bumping this old topic because I need a lid for a stoneware Le Crueset.

20200912_114404.thumb.jpg.21fe745627ee7aafaa0025ce02d9d533.jpg

This is my pot roast dish. A couple of years ago, I took a pot roast out of the oven, took the lid off and put it in the sink. Moments later, I forgot it was still hot, turned on the water and...well, you know.

20200912_114428.thumb.jpg.df0609fef886755bd5493ec2935c1c28.jpg

Any sources where I can just buy the lid?

Google "le creuset stonewear lids" and see what comes up.  I found this., which I don't think is the right one, but keep checking and it may turn up.  I also found some (le creuset and other kinds) on ebay.  Again, keep checking.  You can also find square (or rectangular - it was hard to tell from the picture) silicone lids on Amazon - they are cheap and work really well, so you could get one of those to use until you find what you really want.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have you called Le Creuset customer service?    I believe your ware is now considered "heritage", but they may have replacement stock and procedure.  Also, are there used kitchenware shops in your area?    We have a fabulous one (Cookin') that has piles of le Creuset, tops and bottoms, but she doesn't ship.    Check out your yellow pages.

Edited by Margaret Pilgrim (log)

eGullet member #80.