• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy a BIG cheesecake

fud

I'm looking for a place that makes cheesecakes and is willing to make a pretty big one for a party. My friend called up Cheesecake Etc but they wont do large cakes or offer to write anything on them. Any ideas?

Sorry if this has been covered but my search didn't find anything on this topic :)

Thanks!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

I'm looking for a place that makes cheesecakes and is willing to make a pretty big one for a party.  My friend called up Cheesecake Etc but they wont do large cakes or offer to write anything on them.  Any ideas?

Sorry if this has been covered but my search didn't find anything on this topic :)

Thanks!

How about PICA perhaps? (or VCC?) :unsure:

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

I suggest you phone up pretty much any higher-end restaurant with an actual pastry chef/department and ask. I bet they'd be happy to do it, for the right price of course.

Also, large, name-brand hotels might be willing to bend over for you.

-- Matt.

Trees Organic Coffee Shop on 450 Granville sells a variety of cheesecakes: banana-white chocolate, New York, chocolate, raspberry, etc. They sell cheesecake by the slice, whole round cheesecakes that serves 12, or cheesecake slabs that serves 24. This is their website: http://www.treescoffee.com/

They have a sign outside the shop "Best Cheesecake in Vancouver". I'm not a big dessert fan, but I enjoyed the cheesecake there.

True Confections, the cake store right beside the Ocean Club (the hip West Van drinkery in the Park Royal towers) makes very large cakes. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they make cheese cakes.

Paul B

^ Thanks guys! I forgot about true confections - they do make big cakes :)

Tree's coffee sounds in-tree-ging :laugh: I might check it out regardless!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello