• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Le Panier was excellent

I just got back from a Seattle and Vancouver trip. I love that Pike's Place Market.

Half the fun is walking around and discovering new shops, or food items.

My wife and I really enjoyed the "Very French Bakery" Le Panier. We smelt it down the block and each of the 8 different items we bought and sampled were great. From inside we thought we were in Paris. For example, the macaroons, which I have had frequently and become jaded about, were something to post about.

Suprisingly, the coffee was not impressive. Get your own down the block, maybe at the original Starbucks, or one of the other great Seattle coffee houses.

I love their sandwiches and their baguette......and the place smells so good!

Many years ago, in the early 90's before I actually moved here, I stopped by when I was staying at the Westin. As I was up to pay for my pain au chocolat, two roaches ran across the counter. I've never been back. I know it was a LONG time ago and many changes have been made since, but I can't bring myself to stop by again. :sad:

Cheers,

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien

I love their sandwiches and their baguette......and the place smells so good!

Many years ago, in the early 90's before I actually moved here, I stopped by when I was staying at the Westin. As I was up to pay for my pain au chocolat, two roaches ran across the counter. I've never been back. I know it was a LONG time ago and many changes have been made since, but I can't bring myself to stop by again. :sad:

Cheers,

The Pike Place Market is 100 years old next year and located at the waterfront, so it's no surprise that there were roaches, if not other 4, 6 and 8 legged critters. I've been down there at night and seen... well, I don't want to put anyone off their feed. But it's nothing I haven't seen in other historic markets as well.

I enjoy Le Panier, but you have to get there early before the tourists if you want a seat at the window!

Edited by lala (log)

“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully.

"It's the same thing," he said.”