• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Santa Teresa Bodega Privada rum?

Evangelos

Have any idea where I can get it?  Any online store?

Santa Teresa is a Rum company from Venezuela.

Venezuelan rum is very special because it has to be aged for a minimum of two years before it can be called " rum".

The Bodega Especial is a selected rum, formerly set aside for special occasions, and now commercialized. Excellent stuff - I tried some at a wedding a few years ago.

A followup to the Santa Teresa Bodega Privada search has brought me to yet anotehr ultra premium from Santa Teresa called 'Bicentenario AJ Vollmer'. Has anyone ever seen or tried this one? Price? Flavor? Availability?

So much rum so little time....

The private bottling is for people who buy a barrel of their rum and have it bottled for them as they see fit. I'm not sure how that works in the US with all the rules. Vollmer is the owner of the distillery and he has put his name on a few special bottles. Most of this isn't sold in liquor stores so I would spend my time looking yet.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.