• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

any restaurants here serve live raw baby octopus?

flowbee

My brother is in Korea right now and his hosts ordered up live octopus delicacy for him.  Could not say 'no'.  The tentacles are definitely moving and he had to chew hard before swallowing - but he said they were suprisingly delicous.

gallery_25348_1380_23516.jpg

At least it's already chopped up. The whole ones put up a helluva fight as already noted by Domestic Goddess. I've seen someone eat a baby octopus (on TV) and he had to keep peeling the tentacles out of his nostrils and off of his face.

:blink:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Not only does it read like it - but if you play "Octopus's Garden" while reading this thread, you'll laugh your head off.

Memo - my tentacles control my decibels

Ríate y el mundo ríe contigo. Ronques y duermes solito.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Snore, and you sleep alone.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a video of my brother's octopus meal - that tentacle really wriggles.  My brother is laughing at the sheer ridicoulousness of it all.

That being said - he said it was very good and obviously fresh.

That's a very strange video experience.