• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch Saturday in Georgetown

John Talbott

I'm looking for a place that serves good food (regardless of the decor, type of cuisine, etc) at lunch on Saturdays not too far a drive from the hospital. My wife Colette has vetoed the Cafe de la Ruche based on our last experience. Thanks.

John

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I find Mendocino hit or miss. When I'm in Georgetown, I'm perfectly happy to get a burger and a glass of cabernet at Clyde's. I haven't been, but word is that the service problems have been somewhat ameliorated at Leopold's Kafe, so it might be worth a look-see.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

I find Leopold's sterile, with its industrial, white-and-metal look. Bistro Francais and Bistro Lepic both serve great food in more welcoming settings.

I really like the lunch at Agraria, but many disagree. There are definitely some service issues. But for me, they are overcome by the utterly drinkable iced tea and stuffed-to-the-brim charcuterie sandwich.

Cooking and writing and writing about cooking at the SIMMER blog

Pop culture commentary at Intrepid Media

The Four Seasons Hotel serves the only fine dining lunch in Georgetown on Saturday. The restaurant is called Seasons. You may also like the Bistro Français on M St. Avoid the waterfront at all costs!

Hum...maybe it was an off night, but I found Bistro Francais to be rather lousy. I can't even remember what I had...bad sign.

“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.”