• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ron Cubaney

negrito borinqueno

Well, I have gone through half the bottle, and I'm scratchin' my head? I really dont know how to rate this rum. I have drunk it neat...was ok. With ice...not bad. With splash of coke..really good. However, it does need time to open up. The flavors go from cane juice to pine/barrell to antiseptic??? (wierd) They make a 15 year rum, which is a little over priced. Maybe, I'll give it a shot nexet time??

Cubaney rums are bottled in the Dominican Republic but are contact distilled by another distiller. They are generally pretty good, though I tend to agree that the older rums aren't as good of value as the lesser expensive rums. These rums are very hard to find in the Domican Republic.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.