• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Victory Festbier

john b

I like Otter Creek much better. It has more depth to me.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

Is there is a better "domestic Oktoberfest" than this one?  I can't get enough of it.

I'm with you, John, though I would also grab some Stoudt's Fest, which I think you'd also find to be as good a version of Festbier made in the US.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

All those mentioned are good, but I would also suggest Goose Island's Fest Beer! Nice malt and hop balance, and quaffable! Locally, tiny Krebs Brewing (in Krebs, OK) makers of Choc beer, have a fest beer they call Choctoberfest, it is also a very tasty beer, if not entirely a true O'fest.

Bob R in OKC

Bob R in OKC

Home Brewer, Beer & Food Lover!