• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

good online source for POCKY?

dvs

does anyone have a good online sourse to order pocky? just the normal ones...

i found them once at the Napa safeway (made by LU) and haven't seen them since. my daughter LOVES them :wub:

fwiw, i will be using them for potty training :laugh:

Edited by dvs (log)

Or if you want to expand your Pocky horizons, drive down to SF and go to Little Japan. There is a Pocky Store in the mall which has every single Pocky made! Its Pocky heaven! Its a veritable field trip of Pockyness! If you stick around too long there, you'll feel boxed in by Pockymania! Run don't walk and your daughter will think you're a Pocky Prince(ss).

I guess I'm spoiled. Pocky sticks are all over the place in our little Chinatown in Ottawa. I'm addicted to the bittersweet Men's Pocky at the moment.

out of curiosity, what do you pay for Pocky sticks? I pay about $1.29 CAD. However, I saw them at a novelty store for almost 4 bucks and laughed.

Edited by bouche (log)

The junk shop (Ichiban Kan) in the Japantown mall has pocky cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else. You can pick up a case or three of pocky on your way to have sushi at Takara, Ino, or Kiss - the perfect excuse to drive across two bridges for pocky.

The junk shop (Ichiban Kan) in the Japantown mall has pocky cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else.  You can pick up a case or three of pocky on your way to have sushi at Takara, Ino, or Kiss - the perfect excuse to drive across two bridges for pocky.

except for the fact that i now live in yountville...

i found them at albertsons... so thanks to whoever posted that for the suggestion.

and i think i paid about 1.50/pack.

except for the fact that i now live in yountville...

i found them at albertsons... so thanks to whoever posted that for the suggestion.

and i think i paid about 1.50/pack.

All the more reason to to SF for sushi :biggrin:

much like my experience at ikea this weekend... not w/ a toddler :wink: