• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Let's Eat" by Celentano closed

Beth E.

What a great thread.

Ha Ha Ha.

So glad to be back on the board here.

So throwing in my 2 cents. Let's Eat was terrible, I wanted it to be good, my office is across the street, I went in twice and left.

They had bad food, bad service, no brand.

CB, Aplb, TGIF, all have awful food, but great marketing. The masses don't care and would rather eat at CB than risk trying something else. The power of branding is a part of "Darwinian Capitalism."

Anyway, thanks for the lively debate.

Peter Conway

Food and Wine Guy

Mano A Vino Montclair Food and Wine Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Office Depot today, just down from Let's Eat. So I thought to drive to the other end of the parking lot and take a look. On the door is a notice of immediate eviction granted to the landlord by the State Supreme Court, dated Sept. 12. According to the fine print on the notice, the tennants are to be removed and the place padlocked at time of service. I held my hands to the glass and looked in and was very surprised to see quite a bit of food, cheeses and bread still out! The inside of that building must be pretty ripe by now, if everything was not put away or discarded.

Ambiance CAN be as important as the food!