• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Chaumiere

Please read your own site rather than pontificate to me. I asked the very same question (with the same reference to Jan Moir) about three days ago. Oh, and while you're at it, can you please answer my email which you promised to answer two days ago.

Thanks,

:rolleyes:

This wasn't directed to you personaly Peter, but to the wider eGullet audience. Your original posting was made on 30 July, 8 days before this one, when I was away on holiday. Due to the huge number of postings made on this site, it not always possible for me to keep up with everything, so I am sorry that I missed yours. However, my posting is made in light of Fay Maschlers just published review, which is strongly at odds with Jan Moirs.

So the question still stands for anyone that has visited the restaurant: do you agree with Moir or Maschler, or does the truth lie somewhere in between, as it so often does.

On your last point, I directed you to the help page of this site for the issues you raised in your e mail to me. If this has not resolved your problem, please use the Private Message facility on this site to send me a note and I will try to assist you further, as I have now deleted your original e mail.

Well, I'm not gay, I'm not German and nor do I play with furry pussy's (oh, maybe I do).

Actually Diddy David Hamilton is more like it.

Mon frere Lord, you can laugh, you look like Carlos the Jackal!

I think that ALL contributers to this site should have to have their photo displayed by punishment of death (or at least a week in Wetherspoons) after all I would LOVE to see what some of them look like (Cabrales, Circeplum, Simon et al)!!!!

Come on cowards, show yourselves!!!!

Peter, if you really saw some of us you would surely change your mind. This site would then have to be registered with Net Nanny and suchlike.

But if you choose to ignore this warning, and still foolishly believe that the reality cannot be worse than the imaginatory, then why not come along to one of the eGullet events, when all will (sadly) be revealed. The next is a Dim Summary on August 31 and that will be followed by a Banquet at Tayyab on September 10.