• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Cube in Hotel St-Paul?

jfl91

I heard today that restaurant Cube with Chef Gonzalez is closing (bankrupt)?

If this is true, it's unbelievable! Two years ago this restaurant was working really well and now it's always empty and it's closing? Kind of weird to me!

Is there someone who knows what will happen with Gonzalez and the free space in St-Paul hotel now? Something new will open?

Interesting.

I heard they were rethinking the concept, going Mediterranean.

Funny, high-end Montreal restaurants are limping along lately. Actually, let's be blunt, a lot of them are doing pretty badly.

I hope Gonzalez can find a new place to exploit his talents. I never thought Cube and Gonzalez made such a good fit.

Interesting.

I heard they were rethinking the concept, going Mediterranean.

Funny, high-end Montreal restaurants are limping along lately. Actually, let's be blunt, a lot of them are doing pretty badly.

I hope Gonzalez can find a new place to exploit his talents. I never thought Cube and Gonzalez made such a good fit.

i live basically across the street from cube and i have to tell you, if i were a tourist looking for a high-end dining experience the mud and the rocks and the dust clouds that we have been experiencing for months (and months) now would discourage me. for heaven's sake you have to walk the plank to get inside! in the end it will all look fabulous but for now it looks like a war zone.

jfl91 you are my hero!

I don't get it!

P.S. I don't think the restaurant is closing because the street is under construction and I have never seen a restaurant closing because of 7-8 months street works.

I named a restaurant that is still doing fine and that is located at 150 meters away because I find it weird.

Anyway!

Edited by jfl91 (log)