• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Texture sheets for chocolates

Desiderio

33 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

I do think there's some photoshopping going on btw, regardless of how they did it. Just looks fuzzy to me.

Could well be.

6 hours ago, gfron1 said:

I want to ask if it could be option #3. I thought I had heard of people using texture sheets with their magnet molds. I've never done it and not sure how you would seal the bottom, but it theoretically would give you perfect tops and bottoms, cuz even with a good enrober I would expect to see some footing or capping from the smoosh of the texture sheet. I suppose a very thinly textured sheet would work on a strong magnet mold, but that deep frilly one above (which I have) I can't image working. Just a thought.

Yup, demo'ed in 2005 by @John DePaula transfer sheets and texture sheets -->

• Like 2

13 hours ago, keychris said:

This is option 1 that Pastryani has presented, just using an enrobing machine instead of hand dipping :D

The texture sheets are not cut though. You place the chocolates close enough that you can place the entire sheet on top. But yea I guess option 1

• Like 2

12 hours ago, trisme11 said:

The texture sheets are not cut though. You place the chocolates close enough that you can place the entire sheet on top. But yea I guess option 1

let's call it 1a!

I've never had the opportunity to work with an enrobing machine, so couldn't envisage being able to do what you're describing - it makes sense now!

• Like 2