• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hervé This in town

iharrison

For those who have not heard the great news ...

Mollecular gastronomist Hervé This will be at the ITHQ next week for some demos, lectures etc. What a treat for the students.

For the general public, I heard a rumour that he will be at Bon Appetit Cookbooks on Victoria and Sherbrooke for a little 5 à 7 on September 20.

Excellent news! I just bought Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor ... now I can get the man himself to sign it.

Just a little f to the y to the i.

Mollecular gastronomist Hervé This will be at the ITHQ next week for some demos, lectures etc. What a treat for the students.

For the general public, I heard a rumour that he will be at Bon Appetit Cookbooks on Victoria and Sherbrooke for a little 5 à 7 on September 20.

Excellent news! I just bought Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor ... now I can get the man himself to sign it.

do you know if that 5 a7 will be open to all and if he'll do a small "demonstration"?

do you know if that 5 a7 will be open to all and if he'll do a small "demonstration"?

From the Bon Appetit Cookbooks Website

Hervé This is an internationally renowned chemist, a bestselling cookbook author, and the only person to hold a doctorate in molecular gastronomy, a cutting-edge field he pioneered. This uses recent research in the chemistry, physics, and biology of food to challenge traditional ideas about cooking and eating. What he discovers will entertain, instruct, and intrigue cooks, gourmets, and scientists alike. Join M. This at the store for this FREE event.

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse

Sorry, no demonstration. More of a meet and greet. I don't have enough test-tubes or beakers in my kitchen :(

Hope to see you there.

I know Herve won't mind me giving this wider publicity:

Dear Friends

I am very happy to tell you that Molecular Gastronomy will be part of EuroFood Chem, that we organize in Paris.

Cheers

EURO FOOD CHEM XIV

FOOD QUALITY, AN ISSUE OF

MOLECULE BASED SCIENCE

PARIS August 29, 30 & 31, 2007

During 3 days at the center CAP15, eminent scientists from all over

the world will join us for the famous congress Euro Food Chem XIV.

More than 30 conferences and debates will be carried out about

the following topics :

Possibilities and limitations of molecular science for the

characterization of authenticity and typicality

Molecular Gastronomy: objectives, development, international

collaboration

Analytical, technological and nutritional aspects of flavour

Avoiding formation of undesirable molecules during food

processing

CALL FOR PAPERS

You are invited to submit papers related to the topics already

mentioned. The presentation time of each oral presentation is limited

to 15 minutes plus 5 min discussions. Posters will be displayed for

the whole duration of conference.

Please, note the deadlines in 2007:

31/01: submission of oral and poster abstracts

28/02: authors notification of acceptance/rejection

31/07: submission of accepted paper (for proceedings)

Publications:

Lecture and poster presentations will be published in the proceeding

of Euro Food Chem XIV which will be available at the beginning of

the conference

Contact within the organizing committee:

Ms Anna Bousquet

Eurofins – CSA

3 rue des Clotais – F-91160 Champlan

Tel: +33 (0)1 69 10 12 95 / Fax: +33 (0)1 69 10 13

E-Mail: annabousquet@eurofins.com

EuCheMs Event Number: 345

The event yesterday was a huge success.

Mr. This was amiable, generous and took ample time with everyone to chat, answer questions and listen. A minute of conversation was sufficient to fathom how remarkable the breadth of his knowledge is and how ever curious he is about the world of food. An impressive man.

Another fine event by Bon Appetit Cookbooks!