• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to go for a birthday

maxmillan

relish is a good choice for the age group. Our daughters (18 and 21) enjoy it and we don't have any problems taking them there. Certainly a better experience than our last family birthday at Joey's. Don't get me started.

thanks Karole, good to know. Joey's was automatically vetoed for the fact that it is a chain restaurant (why does this matter?? if it's good, it's good, and vice versa no? ) and for not accepting reservations.

See what being a smart ass gets me................

no party

What do you mean out voted..........

is this a democracy ?

I prefer enlightened dictatorship.

Try it on for size and see how it works............

Is there still a Chuck E Cheese by Loughheed Mall ?

lol, funny that you say that Neil, i voted for HSG, and was the one who called this afternoon and talked to you asking whether or not you had a webpage that i could direct the young'ns to.

unfortunately, i was out-voted... so Neil, you will NOT be seeing a group of 10 chuck-e-cheesers, arguing over how to split the bill and who gets to pay for the shared appies, this saturday night. boo hoo, i know. :biggrin:

our party will instead be tormenting the staff at relish...

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

• 2 weeks later...
Is there still a Chuck E Cheese by Loughheed Mall ?

hahaha!

Hahaha!

super Hahaha!

I used to go there when I was young and just for your information...

it's either a Sears outlet, or the bus / skytrain depot now. (I think it's the Sears outlet store)...

relish is a good choice for the age group. Our daughters (18 and 21) enjoy it and we don't have any problems taking them there. Certainly a better experience than our last family birthday at Joey's. Don't get me started.

I'll bite. :raz:

FiV ... what happened at Joey's that gets you hot under the collar?

I posted somewhere in this forum - but suffice to say, it was soon after opening and nothing went well. The lapses in service - a tray of drinks spilled over one guest, orders forgotten for another, arguing with me as to what wines were on the wine list could have been forgotten if the food had lived up to even minimum standards of taste, presentation or temperature. My daughters now use it as the basis of comparison to all dining out experiences. And, as both are working in the trade while in university, I must admit it has been extraordinarily instructional about how not to treat guests in a restaurant. So, perhaps it wasn't all bad. Just memorable. :biggrin:

Cheers,

Karole