• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anacortes pizza/takeout

Gere-a-deli at the corner of 5th & Commercial. Excellent sandwiches and treats for both kid and parent tastes. They're only open during the day so keep that in mind. Grab a menu and next time you can call your order in ahead.

I was just having a Supremo craving the other day. :)

--
Saara
Kitchen Manager/Baker/Dish Pit

The C Shop

• 4 weeks later...
Are either of the pizza places (Village Pizza & Pizza Factory) or Chinese restaurants (Hong Kong Garden & Lucky Chopsticks) in downtown Anacortes particularly good or bad?

Pizza Factory is what it is so if you like that then I don't imagine it's any different than any other Pizza Factory in the nation.

Village is good standard pizza. At least when I last had it. I remember going there when I was in high school which is ... umm ... 20+ years ago so they're doing something right! Would be my choice of the two. :biggrin:

Hong Kong is typical greasy Cantonese American, more focus is on the cocktail lounge. Haven't tried Lucky Chopsticks. I think it might have been replaced by something else similar in the same location. It's next to Compass Wines which Rockdoggydog mentioned.

There's a Thai takeout place on 31st & Commercial which I've heard good things about, but haven't tried.

Esteban's is good for Mexican-American. They have a takeout/burrito type store on 27th (?) and a regular restaurant in the middle of the 14th block.

Navigation tip: Commercial Avenue is about 35th Street at the top where you turn off the highway and descends heading north to 1st at the Port docks. Driving Commercial back and forth as a teen was called "dragging the gut". :laugh:

--
Saara
Kitchen Manager/Baker/Dish Pit

The C Shop