• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner near Sand Point (Seattle)?

Kitchen Mage's question about dinner North of Seattle got me thinking...

...What's a good spot for a celebratory dinner on Sunday evening in Sand Point/Laurelhurst/Wedgwood? Am coming up blank.

Have been curious about Pair, but it's closed on Sunday.

Jaks? Union Bay Cafe? One of the Italian places at 55th and 35th?

Edited by pgtips (log)

Pair is excellent, but yeah... closed on Sundays. More than once I've peered woefully into their darkened windows on a Sunday night.

There's a new upscale comfort food place in Ravenna called Hot Dish in the space that was, for a short time, the Magnolia Bistro. I haven't been in yet, but I've looked in and it seems worth trying. It's at 65th and 24th, across the street from the Ravenna Alehouse. Most of the reviews on Citysearch make it sound promising.

I worked at Union Bay Cafe for 4 years and it serves up fabulous food! However I must warn you that Peter Raskin the head chef there, and claire a server, plus multiple others have, as of 2 weeks ago, left. Peter was the chef for 10 years and pretty much made the place what it is. I wonder what happened after the dust settled? Anyway, it is a great place, just don't know what the atmosphere and experience will be with such a new staff. P.S.- live 2 blocks from Hot Dish and every review I have read and heard has been not the most positive.

Edited by kategoldston (log)

" You soo tall, but you so skinny. I like you, you come home with me, I feed you!"- random japanese food worker.

Pair is excellent, but yeah... closed on Sundays.  More than once I've peered woefully into their darkened windows on a Sunday night.

There's a new upscale comfort food place in Ravenna called Hot Dish in the space that was, for a short time, the Magnolia Bistro.  I haven't been in yet, but I've looked in and it seems worth trying.  It's at 65th and 24th, across the street from the Ravenna Alehouse.  Most of the reviews on Citysearch make it sound promising.

I'm not a fan of Hot Dish. Della and I went there and it was pretty ordinary.

I am a fan of Jak's. They only have two things on the menu, steaks and potatoes (not really, but almost). But it is a good steak for the price.

I haven't been to Union Bay Cafe in ages, but last time I was there I enjoyed quite a bit.