• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Giants Games and Dining

Meredith380

As a Giants fan, I like to go out and watch the game in restaurants/ bars with other fans. Any recommendations for favorite places to watch the game? While it's easy to find a bar with the game on, it's seemingly impossible to find a place with the game, a nice selection of draft beers and quality wings. I live in Morris County, but would consider traveling (within reason, if I'm traveling more than 20 minutes, I'm at the stadium to see it live).

Let's go Big Blue! And lets hope some decent wings do exsist in this area!

Meredith, which is more important, good selection of beer on tap or good wings?

I would say An American Grill but I think they're closed on Sunday's. Lou, has this policy changed now that the summer is over?

I'm trying to think of any Mo. County place that has really good wings and I'm coming up empty.

Worst of all, I think Sunday night isn't going to be a great night for the Giants. Too much Peyton, not enough DB's, imo.

I had a good time watching football at The Famished Frog last season. The bar area has several televisions, there is a good selection of beers, and they serve some decent wings.

Given that the Colts Vs Giants will be the only game on at the time, you can be sure that everybody watching football will be watching that game with you.

Additionaly, it's right in Morris County, which should be pretty convenient travel-wise for you.

The Famished Frog

18 Washington St

Morristown, NJ 07960

As for me, I'll be at the game hoping for an upset! :biggrin:

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

In general, I'm looking for a decent place to follow the team this season, this Sunday is not crucial.

I've heard great things about An American Grill but haven't been. Is there a website?

Hitmanoo, I've been to the Frog a number of times, but never on a Sunday, I'll have to check it out. Good to know about their wings. Enjoy the game-- I'm jealous you're going!

Main Street Cafe in Madison has a good Monday night set up; drink specials and giveaways and some appetizer specials. But the wings...they aren't good at all.

Oh well I could always go to Cluck U! :wink:

In general, I'm looking for a decent place to follow the team this season, this Sunday is not crucial.

I've heard great things about An American Grill but haven't been. Is there a website?

Hitmanoo, I've been to the Frog a number of times, but never on a Sunday, I'll have to check it out. Good to know about their wings. Enjoy the game-- I'm jealous you're going!

Main Street Cafe in Madison has a good Monday night set up; drink specials and giveaways and some appetizer specials. But the wings...they aren't good at all.

Oh well I could always go to Cluck U!  :wink:

OK THIS GAME IS NOT CRUCIAL>> YES IT IS!! I BLEED BLUE> Every game is crucial.. I'll be watching the game from the best place to watch it.. IN THE STADIUM!

Too bad Amazing hot dog cant open a booth there!

Oh well I could always go to Cluck U!  :wink:

OK THIS GAME IS NOT CRUCIAL>> YES IT IS!! I BLEED BLUE> Every game is crucial.. I'll be watching the game from the best place to watch it.. IN THE STADIUM!

Too bad Amazing hot dog cant open a booth there!

No disrespect intended to Amazing Hotdog, but just about ANYTHING would be an improvement over the current fare at the Meadowlands.

Aramark--champion of catering to the captive audience.

edit to add something helpful:

Egan and Sons in Montclair makes some pretty good wings. They have a bar area with TVs. I'm pretty sure that they are open on Sundays.

I've never been there to watch football, but I do enjoy their microbrews and their wings.

Edited by hitmanoo (log)

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

Thanks, I'll check out that place in Montclair. I work in West Orange, but not for much longer, and am slowly discovering how great Montclair is (and Verona, I went to Amazing Hot dog for lunch today).

Armark is awful. I'm a Mets ticket holder and luckily we have a few (ok one) decent vendors there. Forget about $4 waters, its the $6.75 for beers that can catch up with you!

As of now AAG is still closed on Sundays. I have Giants season tickets, Sec 115. I'll be tailgating in section B4 at the north end of the bubble. Hanger steak fahitas, grilled Alaskian crab legs and Unbloody Mary's to start tomorrow as well as a fair dose of Edna Valey Chardonnay & Arygle Pinot Noir. Will arrive at 1:30.

As far as a place you might try a small bar in Mine Hill called Fausto's. I'll try to post the address when I find it.

GO BLUE!!

With The Giants on Monday's 3 times we welcome all Giants fans to AAG.

Edited by Lreda (log)