• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Chef and The Architect

divalasvegas

Has anyone seen the ads on Food Network lately--yes, you have to publicly admit to watching the Food Network only on occasion of course--for a "special" called "The Chef and the Architect?"

The one hour special features chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, fomerly of FTV's "Too Hot Tamales." Apparently they've decided to join the already overcrowded reality tv fray.

Here's a snippet of FTV's description of the show:

..........Working so close together and living under the same roof could be a recipe for disaster. Add to the mix Susan Feniger, Mary Sue’s business partner of 22 years who also happens to be Josh's ex-wife, and it's a wonder anything gets done. Full Show Description here

I used to watch their shows and specials all the time, which is no small sacrifice given the fact I'm no fan of cilantro and, being a show mostly devoted to Mexican cooking they understandably put it in about 98% of all the dishes they did on the show; I actually get skeeved just seeing people add cilantro to a dish ON TELEVISION. I must admit though, for my palate anyway, Mexican cooking is the only cuisine where cilantro works/makes sense to me. I can eat pico de gallo or salsa verde and enjoy those dishes. But back to the Tamales. They were always a lot of fun, in an Odd Couple sort of way and they had a special on Huahaca which was wonderful.

But a show about Mary Sue and her husband, Josh Schweitzer, who happens to be Susan's ex, designing Mary Sue's dream kitchen and all the so-called drama that ensues? Okay, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable in that "way too much information" kinda way.

So what do you think? Will you watch? (First showing is Saturday, September 9th at 9:00 pm, EST.) Is this any way for two accomplished, trained chefs, restaurant owners (Border Grill and Ciudad), and cookbook authors to behave I ask ya? Will Susan and Josh get down one more time, for old time's sake? Will the FTV producers of this show burn in Hell?:hmmm:

Mary Sue and Susan's Website

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

I might watch out of curiosity because I am an architect.

Davydd

It is just an Anglicized Welsh spelling for David to celebrate my English/Welsh ancestry. The Welsh have no "v" in their alphabet or it would be spelled Dafydd.

I must warn you. My passion is the Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Now blogging: Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Blog

I do watch the Food Network. It has some good shows still.

This ad came on the other night, but I mostly heard it not saw it, as I was bustling around cleaning house. I couldn't quite understand the concept. It sounds kinda dull. :blink:

the tall drink of water...

I have found that I am only friendly towards my ex boyfriends' girls in the cases where: said boy was , erm, "talented" :unsure: but not a good fit in other ways, OR said boy was dumped by me, not because he wasn't nice, but because he wasn't, you know, erm, "talented" :wink: . I just wonder which category this Josh fellow falls under? Oh, back to the food related bit, it sounds kind of dull, unless there's some fun from the threesome.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

I have found that I am only friendly towards my ex boyfriends' girls in the cases where: said boy was , erm, "talented"  :unsure: but not a good fit in other ways, OR said boy was dumped by me, not because he wasn't nice, but because he wasn't, you know, erm, "talented" :wink: . I just wonder which category this Josh fellow falls under? Oh, back to the food related bit, it sounds kind of dull, unless there's some fun from the threesome.

Heh, heh Rebecca263 a "threesome" may be the only the thing that redeems this special. :laugh:

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

Will Susan and Josh get down one more time, for old time's sake?

I don't think so, unless Susan isnt a lesbian anymore. I've met all three of them ( I had an interview with Josh) and in my opinion, there is something fishy going on!!

Will Susan and Josh get down one more time, for old time's sake?

I don't think so, unless Susan isnt a lesbian anymore. I've met all three of them ( I had an interview with Josh) and in my opinion, there is something fishy going on!!

This quotation has me laughing so hard that I lost a contact lense! Randi, you are a witty, sub-VERSIVE girl! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06