• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mead

Schielke

Back in my college days (2 years ago) :biggrin: a friend and I decided that we were going to make some mead. We went to the trusty Internet, found a recipe, and jumped in. A few weeks later we ended up with a big jug of mead.

The result was overspiced and therefore not terribly appetizing. heh heh heh.

Has anybody ever made mead before or tried a good example of it?

Ben

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

A friend of mine made some mead. I tried it, and it was o.k., but since I'd never had any before, I can't really judge.

I keep thinking about making some, but when I get the apparatus out I'm going to make beer.

I've had mead twice. The first time was at a medieval party, and I remember it not being all that great. The party, however, was a blast. The best costume was a couple dressed as black rats and they handed out business cards -- they were plain black, as they represented the plague. Macabre, yes, but fun nonetheless.

The other time I had mead was at Gramercy Tavern with Mr. & Mrs. Fat Guy. It only recall it was quite tasty. Unfortunately, I've lost my tasting notes from that night (damn Palm Pilot), but perhaps Steven can recall the specifics of the mead as well as what it accompanied.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites