• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Diary of a Foodie

jgm

For those who don't get this in their local markets, I also saw a podcast of it on iTunes. Alas, they are only short video clips, but at least you can get a taste. :)

Jennifer L. Iannolo

Founder, Editor-in-Chief

The Gilded Fork

Food Philosophy. Sensuality. Sass.

Home of the Culinary Podcast Network

Never trust a woman who doesn't like to eat. She is probably lousy in bed. (attributed to Federico Fellini)

• 11 months later...

The new season (Second Season) of "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie" premieres this upcoming weekend, Saturday, January 12th, 2008 on the Public Broadcasting System in the United States. Check your local PBS listings for exact air time (4:00 p.m. on the East Coast on WGBH in Boston, MA and WNET in New York, NY and 3:30 p.m. on WHMT in Albany, NY). Be sure to set your DVR's to record because it appears that the episodes are scheduled to air only once with no reruns.

The first four episodes will be: "Southern India: The Spice of Life," "New Zealand: The Rugged Land," "Bread: The Foundation of a Meal" (Paris, France), and "Hidden Hong Kong."

See link below to "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie" website (don't know why it lists only the description of the first episode and not the upcoming episodes for the new season, but perhaps this is because each episode airs once only):

http://www.diaryofafoodietv.com/episodes/22/

And the link to Louisa Chu's blog "A Moveable Feast" for a more complete description of the series and her involvement in it:

http://www.movable-feast.com/2008/01/gourmets-diary.html

"Some ladies smoke too much and some ladies drink too much and some ladies pray too much, but all ladies think that they weigh too much."

From a poem by Ogden Nash - Curl Up and Diet

Thanks for the reminder! I don't think the first series was shown here, but I'll look for the new one.

Since going high-def, I've been enjoying lots of shows on Create (Daisy, Bittman, others) that didn't show up on our main PBS channel (or showed up at inconvenient times.)

The new season (Second Season) of "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie" premieres this upcoming weekend, Saturday, January 12th, 2008 on the Public Broadcasting System in the United States.  Check your local PBS listings for exact air time (4:00 p.m. on the East Coast on WGBH in Boston, MA and WNET in New York, NY and 3:30 p.m. on WHMT in Albany, NY).  Be sure to set your DVR's to record because it appears that the episodes are scheduled to air only once with no reruns. 

The first four episodes will be: "Southern India: The Spice of Life," "New Zealand: The Rugged Land," "Bread: The Foundation of a Meal" (Paris, France), and "Hidden Hong Kong."

See link below to "Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie" website (don't know why it lists only the description of the first episode and not the upcoming episodes for the new season, but perhaps this is because each episode airs once only):

http://www.diaryofafoodietv.com/episodes/22/

And the link to Louisa Chu's blog "A Moveable Feast" for a more complete description of the series and her involvement in it:

http://www.movable-feast.com/2008/01/gourmets-diary.html

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, according to Luisa's blog, it appeared in some markets as early as this past Saturday. WNET in NYC took place yesterday. Fortunately for me, it doesn't premiere on my local channel until the 12th. This episode is of extra interest to me as I am planning on traveling to India with the World Of Flavors program this spring.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, according to Luisa's blog, it appeared in some markets as early as this past Saturday. WNET in NYC took place yesterday. Fortunately for me, it doesn't premiere on my local channel until the 12th. This episode is of extra interest to me as I am planning on traveling to India with the World Of Flavors program this spring.

"Some ladies smoke too much and some ladies drink too much and some ladies pray too much, but all ladies think that they weigh too much."

From a poem by Ogden Nash - Curl Up and Diet

this is airing again in Dallas on KERA. But the episode aired this past Saturday is a re-run. I guess a warm up to new episodes that will be coming next weekend? (I think I have seen all of the previous season. My TiVo season pass is still active)

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"

The first season is available online at the new Gourmet Magazine web site.

(discovered via this eG topic)

My local PBS station was carrying it on the Create Channel, a subchannel of their digital broadcast. They started carrying PBS HD and dropped the Create Channel. :angry: Oh well, I guess I'll be able to download the new episodes eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

After season one of diary of a foodie i was salivating for more episodes but for some reason they decided that they would air the episodes only once. Whats up with that. Gourmet doesn't even let you pay for them on itunes. I've even looked for episodes on torrent sites and newsgroups but to no avail. I wouldn't mind paying for the dvds but they don't have those either. Anyone have these episodes tivo'd? :rolleyes:

My food and ideas CookDiegoCook