• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

50% almond paste...

gfron1

This refers to the almond paste being made of at least 50% ground almonds. Usually sugar and water make up the remainder, while commercial products may have some other ingredients.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

Hmmm...so that tube of almond paste (Odense) available in most grocery stores which is very dense...any idea if that is appropriate? It seems very thick for what the recipe calls for. I've also seen small cans of paste by another company. Or are we talking about a product that I'll have to buy through a pastry retailer?

Thanks for the help you two. This is the Citrus and Almond Cocktail Glass from the May 06 Pastrys Best. Its a layer of almond milk cream topped with citrus coulis, another milk cream and then an almond biscuit. I'll give it a go and see what happens. If I need more help I'll let you know - and I'll post pics.

• 2 weeks later...