• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All you can eat sushi

sadistick

I have been going now for about 2 years and being a sushi lover, I just cant get enough. Some may argue that the quality isnt as good, but how wrong they are!

Best places I have found so far...

My Sushi (yonge and steeles)

Sushi Island (college and bathurs) ... just tried this place last night, get their nigiri AYCE sushi 'deal' ...a few great rolls too...and their soft shell crab was awesome!

Feel free to share yours.

I'm very fond of Maison du Japon at Woodbine and John. The sushi is decent, and their cooked food is really quite good. Maybe it's the company, but I have a good time when I'm there. Been there quite a few times as welll.

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com

I really don't like the Maison du Japon at all for either quality or service. I have been there a couple times with others. That being said, I don't usually go to AYCE places when I want sushi. However, Yang's Kitchen at #7 west of Kennedy is very good, although the rolls are a bit heavy on the rice. The rice is not gummy and cold like so many places, and the fish is decent. The cooked items are varied and well done.

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

I have eaten at My Sushi (Yonge South of Finch on the West side) a couple of times. The nice thing was that the sushi is selected from a menu and not pre-made. Quality was okay. The chawan-mushi was not very good though, as it was not as smooth as I like and the hunks of crab and shrimp in it weren't that tasty. Very bland too.

Mark

If you enjoy AYCES I urge you to try Sushi Island.

I second this motion! Sushi Island - which is located in the middle of Little Italy - offers AYCE makimono rolls for $12.99 on the weekdays (I believe it's Mondays to Wednesdays...or perhaps Mondays to Thursdays). They also offer various upgrades like an extra $2 for nigiri, extra $6 for the whole menu, etc.

Yum!